Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Hi, I have a dispute with my builder who has not done the

Customer Question

I have a dispute with my builder who has not done the work which I paid him for properly. He is refusing to come back and finish the work so I was thinking about what my next options are.
I was thinking about going through the small claims court or money claim online? Both are quite expensive. I guess my question would be is How successful am I likely to be? Am I likely to get anything out of the builder?
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What do you mean when you say he has not done the work properly?

JACUSTOMER-pdblbp41- : Building control have advised me that the work that he has done is not up to the standard
JACUSTOMER-pdblbp41- : it should be.
JACUSTOMER-pdblbp41- : In addition I paid him for materials and he has insofar refused to deliver these.
JACUSTOMER-pdblbp41- : Would this class as theft?
JACUSTOMER-pdblbp41- : I am thinking to take him to the small claims court but when speaking to the builder he seems confident I will not get any money back
Customer:

Hi I just typed a response don;'t know why you haven't had it. It would not be classed as a criminal issue, did you have a written contract with him and have you asked him to make good the faulty work? If so what has been the response?