LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My daughter who is 14 and in year 10 had a boy in year 11 i

My daughter who is 14 and in year 10 had a boy in year 11 i think he is 16 not sure put his hands down her trousers and touch her bum over her knickers she said no and pushed him away she has reported this to the school and written astatement however the boy did the same but said pretty much the same thi g but the difference was he said my daughter let him if this was true myself anc wife would never have found out but because she was appaled by this behavouirshetold us and the school. We have had a meeting at the school the head is going toget the police involved but has informed us that the cps will not do anything as there is no evidence even though he has addmitted doing this and also trying to get my daughter to get me and her mother to say it was all made up after the school put himi segrigation and told him not to go near my daughter the school a, so said he is a model student and comes from a good family however he has teo comp, aints pending against him for rasicm is there a case to answer for what he did
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

When did this happen and what outcome are you hoping for?

Customer:

Wednesday 19th november the outcome I am hoping for is that he is suitable punished for this as I think it is an assault on my daughter and not just a slap on the wrist

LondonlawyerJ :

It certainly sounds like he has committed a sexual assault on your daughter and you will be seeing the police soon I think. He has already been put in segregation. What does that mean? What does your daughter want out of this? Does she want him taken to court or does she just want to move on from it? If this becomes a criminal prosecution then the boy may not admit the offence. If there is a trial then you daughter will be cross examined. Speaking from my own professional experience the whole prosecution and trial could go on a long time and cause a good deal of blow back. You will not own the prosecution and may not be able to stop it if you want to after a charge has taken place. Speak to the police, that is definitely the right thing to do. Is this a meeting by a specialist trained youth sexual assault officer?

Customer:

My daughter after speaking st length wants to proceed with charges as she would not like this to happen to so eone else I should say there is a high influx of asian gangs grooming white girls although he may not be one of these people one never knows. Segregation means not allowed in lessons in order to keep him away from my daughter although that did not work. The boy has admitted this in a statement a written one which I hope the school hand to the police. The school have just said that there will be no charge fromthe police as there is no evidence I just want to be sure before I speak to the police that there is possibly a case to answermany thanks

Customer:

Sorry no they are not a sexual assult officer but deals with six schools on different cases

LondonlawyerJ :

If your daughter says that happened then that is evidence that it did happen. Plenty of people are charged on the basis of the uncorroborated evidence of a single witness. With respect to the school it is not their decision whether a charge is brought.

Customer:

So when I speak to the police what is your advice so I do not get fobbed off so they n

Customer:

Know I have had legal advice thanks

LondonlawyerJ :

If your daughter has been sexually touched by an older boy against her consent then that is an offence. You can not compel the police to investigate or to charge the boy. In order to get them to be interested you should be very reasonable and concerned. I think it would be a mistake to mention Asian grooming gangs. If you sense reluctance from the police you should point out that the segregation has failed and you are concerned about your daughter and other girls' safety at the school and elsewhere. If they don't want to prosecute, you should ask for details of the constabulary's policy on these issues to see if they are complying with it.

Customer:

That is very helpful thankyou very much

Customer:

Mr Steven Beckett

LondonlawyerJ :

Thankyou. I would be grateful if you would please rate my answer as I will not get aid for my answer unless you do. The questions will not close and I will continue to answer subsequent questions.

LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience: Solicitor with over 15 years experience.