31090051

A sole practitioner solicitor is going on holiday. Does someone

A sole practitioner solicitor is going on holiday. Does someone else need to stand in and can the office be left without a solicitor present?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
That depends on ongoing work. Some will employ a locum if it's necessary. Alternatively if the practitioner stays in touch by phone and email and has a good secretary or paralegal, it may not be necessary.
There is no law on this other than the practitioner is responsible for the ongoing running of the practice wherever he happens to be. There is certainly no law that a qualified solicitor has to be present in the office.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.