LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Seven months after an allegation has been made against him

Seven months after an allegation has been made against him by a girl in the same class a youth is interviewed by the police with the duty solicitor present and also the boys mother. Both the girl and boy have special educational needs. The allegation is that the boy has committed a sexual assault
and intermediary had been invited but he telephoned to say that he was late and those present were advised that the meeting could proceed with the boys mother acting as an intermediary. She's not qualified in anyway other than that she is mother of the boy
the police officer asked questions in the format did you touch the girls leg, did you go to the girls toilet and sell the interview was recorded by tape and by video
That's the absence of the approved intermediary render the interview unacceptable
Is that questioning format acceptable awkward questions be classed as leading questions and therefore could be rejected
is the evidence submitted by the girl available for the defence to examine
how with the rule in the public interest operate in this case
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I assume this was a recorded interview under caution. If there was a parent acting as appropriate adult and a solicitor present then I don't think that there is anything wrong with the interview. ..