I have bought two packages from them. One was for the distribution of the single and the other package was for opening a Vevo channel and publishing the video there and on iTunes. The single was Ok, quick and no problems, but the video was a big problem. I only had a format in MP4 and the web site only accepted Avi files. I had to convert my MP4 ino an Avi file using a on-line converter and managed to send to them. After waiting for a long time to have a Vevo channel, the video was uploaded, but the image was awfull, because of the conversion from an MP4 to an Avi file. So, I asked them to remove it as the quality was very bad. They have agreed on removing it and said that we have to wait for Vevo to do that as they could not do it themselves. They said I could send the MP4 to a dropbox and that would work, they only said that after I spent a lot of time converting it for nothing. It took almost a week for these video to be removed and the new one to be uploaded. When it was finally uploaded again last Friday, I think they have picked the wrong file and uploaded the bad quality image one again! Them we had to wait for Vevo to remove the video again and this was done on Monday. As they haven't uploade the video until Wednesday I gave them a call to ask when this was going to be done and they told me because my video had already been uploaded twice they have put it on the back of the queue and they had lots of other videos to do before. I was very upset, as I felt this was not right. So I said if I didn't have my video published by yesterday I was going to cancel everything ans ask for a refund. I had the video published yesterday, and this time it was the correct file, but the photo was wrong, they did not put the links to the digital stores and was simply not good as it was. I have written an e-mail to the director and he answered that they have done what they were contracted to do and this was my faulty to provide a video of inferior quality. As the director did not care I have decided to remove everything from them, but now they are asking for £240 pounds to remove everything and let me go.
No, they have not said they could accept MP4 in the beginning. After the Avi file didn't work I asked, why you don't accept MP4, my video producer said he has been providing it to all his customers and never had a problem. Only them they said I could deliver it in MP4.
What they have not done was to provide me with the iTunes part of the pakage. iTunes are asking for various types of format and this is very difficult to do and if I have to pay someone to convert the video on their format it will cost a lot of money, so it 's not of interest for me anymore. When I signed up to that package I didn't know it was going to be so difficult to get those formats, but my producer said he can't make them, so I do not have the specifications needed to have the video submmitted o iTunes. too. So, this is the part they have not done and do not want to refund + the fees for removing.
On the page of their web site where you pay and check out there is a note at the end that says: When delivering music videos to the iTunes store, there are strict guidelines you must follow when formatting your videos. Please contact us to receive copy of the iTunes video specifications.
No problem, I saw this note and thought, Ok we can follow the instructions and we can do that, but in reality it is not that easy, the specifications is impossible to provide unless you are in the business and have enough money to splash on it.
I have only mentioned the iTunes part, for the Vevo part there is no mention that a MP4 would not be accepted. When I've tried to upload my MP4 on the site, a message come up saying I needed to upload an AVi file. As I didn't have one I converted the MP4 to be able to upload on the site.
On their terms and conditions that the director made sure to send me together with his answer says that if a video is removed within the first 3 months a charge of £100 pounds will be made. Somewhere else in the site it says that the fee to remove videos is £50 pounds. As I have asked to remove the video and the single from the shops he is charging £100 for each + 20 of VAT for each and no refund for the iTunes part of the package. This was a big mistake for me. I will end up without anything and will have lost the £115 pounds I've paid. But I do not see any other way, after all this I can not trust them to collect money and representing my daughter on royalties collection.
The terms and conditions do not say that it is £100 + VAT, only £100 but it says fee for removal of the audio and video.
I will pay for it, because I want it removed from them. There is no way I can continue with them. What do you advise I should do after I pay and they remove the video and single?
Well, if it is not a strong case, I do not see the point of spending more money on it. I just feel so frustrated that these companies are operating on line in such a manner and there is nothing that can be made to protect the clients. I will leave a bad review for them on line. I will not tell lies, only the truth. Thanks for your help anyway and I will get in touch if I need to take it forward.
But this is going to cost me more money, isn't it? And if it's not a strong case, I may lose even more.
Any idea how much more?
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. As the answer didn't come for a while I thought you had gone. What I've decided to do is to pay their £240 fee to have the video removed from them and to put it somewhere else. My daughter who is only 16 and just starting on her music career is very distraught with this situation, we didn't expect that the release of her first single would bring so much pain. My priority at the moment is to amend the situation and sort the video situation to keep her happy. After this is done I would like to make a claim against this company, not because of the money, but because of the pain and stress they have put us through. I will print evidence from their web site today and keep it before they go and change it. When I am ready to do a claim how can I contact you again? Thanks for your help. Rose
I have paid the company to have the video and single removed and now it's with another company. I had taken the time to write a sequence of events to make it easier to understand all that happened since the beginning. I wonder if you could have a read and let me know if I stand a chance on a small claims court case. If you think so, I would like to do it. I am enclosing the document. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks. Regards. Rose
I have attached the document as an image because there is no option to send it as a world document or PDF, so I don't know if you would be able to open it anyway. Is there any other way of sending the document?
It's a shame if I can not do anything before 12/12 as I'm going away on the 12 and will only get back on 10/01. Would it be too late for doing anything when I get back or should I do it now? Is there a time limit for these things? Thanks.
That's OK. If you can't open the document there is nothing we can do. Although I will be on holiday from the 12/12 I will still be contactable on my e-mail and after you get back and manage to open the document, please let me know what you think and what do you advise me to do.
Thanks for your help so far.
I'm back from my holidays now and I was wondering if you ever managed to open the document to read the sequence of events and advise me on how to proceed on this case. If you are unable to open the document, please let me know how I can send it to you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
OK, what do I need to do to proceed?
Is that something that I need to do myself, not through a solicitor like you?
I think I would rather use a solicitor (depending on price) as you said will be taken more seriously. How much would be for an initial letter from you?
I live in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
OK, I can find someone to write me an initial letter from there and if I have no result, I can go to the money claim site and sue them from there. I think that's all I need to know.
Thanks again for all your help.