12826847

Would the PF make a deal even if they had enough evidence to

Would the PF make a deal even if they had enough evidence to convict..
Yes, they would. There are lots of reasons for it. Sometimes people just plain don't like doing trials. I prosecute all the time in England and Wales and there are benefits to a negotiated plea. You never know which way a court will decide and you could lose everything so a negotiated plea has benefits for a prosecutor.
You can change lawyer. You can fight. It may pay off. It may not. You take the roll of the dice with that decision.
It must be said that if you are talking about pleas that will lead to 10 years custody then it is probably worth fighting it unless the evidence is overwhelming. Of course, the fact that an offence carries 10 years doesn't mean he will get 10 years or even custody at all.