12826847

Hi, not sure if this it the right catagory. I got a new car

Customer Question

Hi, not sure if this it the right catagory.
I got a new car which cost a large amount of money. Now it is leased.
It has now broken down twice and is only 27 days old.
Now I know things happen but it is the attitude of the customer service no one has tried to look at the car and it has been towed away with no knowledge of when it will be back. And the fact head office said just take it to a dealer the car charger melted and I burnt my hand its a electric hybrid. The dealer could not look at it till a week Wed.
My question is the engineer who came out to it before it was towed said something about being able to refuse it within 28 days. Is this correct and if so what do I do? If it is not correct what can I do. I like the car but the cust service is really we don't give a care. And for such a expensive car and the fact I hurt myself
Is this a lease agreement?
Don't take legal advice from engineers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I realise that. That's why I thought I would ask here first before doing anything.

Yes it is a lease in my name which my work contributes to.

What he means is that under the Sale of Goods Act you have a right to reject a new purchase for a significant fault within a short period of time.
28 days is fairly arbitrarily set but it is a short period of time.
The difficulty here is that there are two issues. The first is the actual car with which you have been supplied and the second is the lease.
You are locked into a lease and there cannot be escape from that obviously.
Under the lease you may well have a right to reject a vehicle and seek a replacement. You need to check the lease.
In any event though, you do have a right under any contract to demand that goods supplied are of a reasonable standard and this is not.
You should be aware though that all they will do is issue a replacement as you are locked into the lease.