UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We have lived in Africa for the past year, but have a home

We have lived in Africa for the past year, but have a home in the UK. When we return home next year we would like to bring with us, a native Zimbabwean who has become a good friend. He has always wanted to visit the UK and see London etc. He has a valid passport and would get a tourist visa allowing him to stay legally in the UK for 6 months.
I am currently decorating my house and making extensive restorations. He said to me last night, "I can help you with some of it." I said yes, but then I had thoughts about illegal workers. I will not be paying him any money, he is just trying to repay our generosity for letting him stay with us. Am I breaking any laws? I'd appreciate a realistic answer.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
No need to worry, you will not be employing him to paint your house so it is not considered illegal working.
He will simply be helping you paint it as a friend and that will not be in breach of his visitor visa conditions.
May I help further?