12826847

I purchased a vehicle on 9/10/14 from a private seller . I

I purchased a vehicle on 9/10/14 from a private seller . I have since found out that the said vehicle was a catogry d insurance write but has been rebuilt and hence only worth half what I paid . Would I be entitled to my money back in full as I was not made aware of this and had I known this I would near have brought it
Are there any faults with the car?
Did you ask specifically about insurance write offs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problems with the car now but I did have and the seller put them right at there expense but I'm worried that there could be further problems as this must have been a massive claim as vehicle worth £12,000 plus
I never asked about buying an insurance write off at time of purchase
That is a problem I'm afraid.
There is no obligation to tell you about an insurance write off. A cat D write off is just an insurance decision that the vehicle is beyond economical repair. If it has been repaired to a standard meeting the sale of goods act definition then that is not something they need to disclose.
If you had asked about it and been lied to or given misleading information then that would be misrepresentation but that didn't happen here.
Unfortunately, if it just that you have found out that this car has a history you didn't know about then that is not something that is actionable.
I am sorry but I have to give you truthful information.