12826847

Hi, what time is considered reasonable in delivering court

what time is considered reasonable in delivering court papers to defendant on last day?
If it is within office hours and he is not there and you have to push it through the letter box, then he says he never received them.and judge is asking me, What can I do?
He has blocked, thrown out papers, also delivered papers back at night through my letter box at 8pm so he can say he never got them.
Is 4.15pm acceptable? He is a property management company, most open between 9-5.30pm. unless like him they are insolvent and cannot afford to or the staff any more.
Usually by 4pm on the last day.
If you can prove that you pushed it through a letter box at his business address then that will be fine. If he didn't get them then that is down to the postal delivery at his business and not your problem unless, of course, the court believes that you didn't deliver them.
Normally court orders say 4 pm on X date. If this one doesn't then you could argue that 4.15pm is within business hours but it is fair to say that it isn't guaranteed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I cannot find the exact court direction.will phone up court tomorrow and ask what the original said.

and make the best of it.