75100385

I bought and paid for a kitchen which was delivered on 18th

Customer Question

I bought and paid for a kitchen which was delivered on 18th August 2014. I also paid a kitchen fitter recommended by the company Lancashirekitchen designs.
Since the kitchen was delivered there have been several items missing. These items - drawer fronts and Left sided magic corner have been delivered a total of 5 times and each time they have been wrong. The drawer fronts have always been the wrong shad of white and the Left sided magic corner has always been a Right sided one.
We are now in the position that we have been informed by the company 3 weeks ago that the items are now on order and will be delivered when they are in stock. We are therefore left with a kitchen with 5 drawer fronts missing and a large cupboard without a door and not complete.
The Kitchen fitter was ill a every time he attended and at one point was admitted to hospital with cardiac problems. At one point he did inform us that he was going to go on long term sick leave.
I have contacted the company so many times and as it takes 1 hour to get through to customer services by phone I have resorted to Emailing. Unfortunately it can take up to 14 days to acknowledge our emails!
As you can imagine we have had enough and just want out kitchen to be complete and would appreciate any advice on how to resolve these issues
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know if you have paid for all the installation?

Alex Watts :

If so how much was it please?

JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : Yes I have paid. I paid £1000 and withheld £150 to be paid when installation was complete
Alex Watts :

Ok - do you know the cost of putting it right?

JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : I presumed it would cost £150. However the fitting isn't the problem. The main problem is actually getting the right goods and the time it has taken. We have been waiting since 18th August to have a completed kitchen. I need to know what action we can take to get our kitchen completed and what if any cones action we should be asking for
JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : Cones action - compensation
Alex Watts :

Sure. Have you got any second opinion on prices to finish etc from others?

JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : We have been quoted £100 from another joiner
Alex Watts :

Ok, so less than the £150 you have withheld?

JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : Yes
Alex Watts :

Ok, then you should write and set out that you want them to finish it within 7 days otherwise you are going to keep the £150 on the basis it will cost you £100 to get someone else to do it and £50 compensation

Alex Watts :

Make sure you send a copy recorded delivery and keep one for yourself.

Alex Watts :

If they do not reply within 7 days then you should go ahead and get the job complete

Alex Watts :

The option is then for them to try and reclaim the £150 back

Alex Watts :

I think based on what you have said they would not be successful.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : I cannot get the job completed as as I have said before the main problem is the company have not delivered the correct parts. The kitchen fitter was an external fitter so the company won't be interested I whether the fitter finishes the job or not
Alex Watts :

Yes I asked what the cost of getting it done was, you said £100

Alex Watts :

What is the cost of replacement parts from other suppliers?

JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : I have no idea as unfortunately the kitchen is unique to this company
Alex Watts :

Ok - can you get other quotes?

Alex Watts :

Are you able to respond?

Alex Watts :

Or it is so very unique there is simply no one else that does it?

JACUSTOMER-76abwdpv- : I don't know whether we could get it from any one else. Not being awkward but we just want completion of the kitchen from the. Company and don't know how to go about achieving this. Don't know whether we should be asking for compensation and if so how much
Alex Watts : You need to write as I have suggested and ask that they finish it within 7 days or you will go to court.
Alex Watts : If they refuse then you can issue a county court claim.
Alex Watts : You need to complete form n1
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pd
Alex Watts : You are asking the court for specific performance. That is they do pledge the kitchen.
Alex Watts : if they do not this could be contempt of court and they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Alex Watts : But a judge can order them to finish it.
Alex Watts : As for compensation it's not likely to be more than £500
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/