13262538

My father died earlier this year leaving a small property some

My father died earlier this year leaving a small property some shares and cash in just my brother and my name. I have been married for 12 years, we have no children. I have found out my wife has been unfaithful to me and feel we can no longer stay together. Is she entitled to any of my inheritance?
What assets do you and your wife have?
How much have you inherited?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not including the inheritance just the furniture and about £900. My share of the inheritance is a mobile home worth approx 20k and shares worth approx 8k I have also purchased a car from the inheritance for 3.5k

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

the only assets my wife and I have is our furniture and £900 (our deposit on the flat we rent) My wife has personal savings of around £1000. My share of Dad's assets is a mobile home worth £20000 Shares worth approx £8500 and a car I brought for £3500 out of my share of Dad's money

John

Who owns the property that you currently live in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

We rent privately through a letting agency

John

What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

I am self employed and earn about £1800 a month before tax, my wife earns about £430 every 4 weeks and £170 every 4 weeks in benefits.

John

Usually inherited money which has been kept separate from family funds is not at risk when there is a divorce.
However in your case the lack of other assets means that I am afraid it is likely that a court would order you to pay your ex a lump sum from the assets you have inherited.
There is no way of giving you a specific figure - but somewhere between £2000 and £4000 is a possibility - but this is only the roughest of guides
Please ask if you need further details