LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

On Saturday after the final whistle at the Blackburn vs leeds

Customer Question

On Saturday after the final whistle at the Blackburn vs leeds football match I was pushed over by a police officer. This caused me to fall, cut my head loose quite a lot of blood and loose a gold watch. Officer would not give me his number but I took it down to be either 2064 or 2046. What should I do. My e mail is *****@******.***
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Did the police officer have any reason that you could see to push you over, was there any disorder happening at the time?

JACUSTOMER-l1ep72v1- : There had been some disorder before but not at the time. I was asking why Leeds fans were been kept behind as we had a bus to catch
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As above I was at no time involved in any of the disorder

OK what you need to do is use the IPCC website https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/complaints and go to the Lancashire section and initially make a compaint about the office to the loval constabulary. Bear in mind that football grounds often have v good cctv coverage so if there is any risk of anything being on that CCTV that could be a problem for you do not do this. Initially you should complain directly to the Lancs police. If you have any injuries get the m photographed. If there were any witnesses get in touch with them and get them to write out what they saw happen. The sooner the better. You should start with this complaint and if (as is likely) you don't get satisfaction consider he IPCC or bringing a legal action for compensation.