12826847

My company relocated me, under the policy I am able to claim

Customer Question

My company relocated me, under the policy I am able to claim for rent and service charges of temporary accommodation. I took a property on a short hold tenancy with a six month break with the intention of claiming for this expense. Due to uncertainty (poor performance and recruitment freeze which directly effected my department) in the company I decided to stay with the property after the six months. The company are now telling me this doesn't fulfil the definition of temporary and won't honour my claim. They stated that 'the accommodation costs you have incurred are permanent rented accommodation and not temporary accommodation expense for the purpose of relocation, therefore not applicable for relocation expense claim'. No such distinction was previously made. There was a previous person to relocate claimed for rent on their residence as a relocation expense and there has been no change in policy. The only difference being that they had the expense specified in their offer letter and it was paid directly by the company.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll wait a bit longer.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nicola,

It's been too long now I'm going to cancel this now.

Simon