12826847

hi jo. i was made bankrupt on 20/11/2013 but 12 months on i

Customer Question

hi jo. i was made bankrupt on 20/11/2013 but 12 months on i am still being asked questions by the insolvency services.i believe i should have been clear after 12 months could you please advise many thanks harry

What are they asking you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to supply information relating to the sale of my house in 2010 .and were or who did the proceeds go to

As this is pre-bankruptcy they are entitled to this information. What is the problem in supplying it?
Was the house sold on the open market at full value?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the house was sold on the open market.but i did believe that bankruptcy would only last for twelve months,then i would automaticly be discharged .

Bankruptcy does normally only last 12 months but this is a question in respect of the transaction which predates the bankruptcy and you are only duty to deal with it.

The liquidator is probably just wanting to know that you sell the property at the normal market price to an unconnected third-party and not to someone that you know such as a friend or relative at a knockdown price