75100385

I am wrongfully being accused of 'theft by an employee'. I

I am wrongfully being accused of 'theft by an employee'. I am being accused of steeling tobacco and apparently I have been identified on cctv. This person is willing to go to court to testify. I was arrested and bailed before the police searched the house i live in..they found no tabbaco obviously, it wasn't me nor do I have any involvement at all. I worked for this company (Pamler and Harvey distribution) for 6 month which i left in Aug 13. There were no issues whilst i was there other than time off for sickness.
I would like to know when this case is dropped can I hold the company or an individual accountable by a criminal or civil case. Thanks for your time
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If they have made a complaint to the Police then they (Police) have a duty to investigate it

Alex Watts :

If you are found not guilty then sadly you can not sue the former employer under criminal law

Alex Watts :

They do not bring the case, the Crown (or Queen) does

Alex Watts :

As for a civil case, again sadly it is not the employer that brings the claim

Alex Watts :

There is nothing in civil law sadly you can do

Alex Watts :

The highest is defamation but sadly you would have to show you have suffered serious harm and issue proceedings in the High Court. If the matter is contested then you are looking at around £15,000 in legal fees to take it to trial

Customer:

ok so thats really it then

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

thats great thank you

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer:

no thats it thanks