12826847

I got stopped by a policeman for speeding and got a ticket

I got stopped by a policeman for speeding and got a ticket for 3 points and £100 fine. i took my driving licence to the police station and paid the fine within a week. i chased my driving licence after 7 weeks. i received a fixed penalty collection order for £150 this weekend. i checked my licence online and found they have put the date in wrong for the offence and have also miss typed the ref number. I get a letter from the court today saying the payment had been sitting in the suspense account as it did not automatically match up to my notice. this letter also states the wrong date and ref number. Do i have a case to appeal and get my points and money back as i was not driving on the day they have now put on my licence?
You do have a case to demand that they correct the details but not to get the conviction removed.
They have a duty under the DPA to maintain the correct data upon you and your licence.
However, if you have accepted the fixed penalty then you have admitted that offence and all they have to do is correct the conviction on your record.
If the matter has been sent to court then you can appeal but there is no point because they will just correct the details upon appeal.
I am sorry but the days when things were removed that easily have gone in the UK.