UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am Hungarian citizen, with Hungarian passport,living in Romania.

I am Hungarian citizen, with Hungarian passport,living in Romania. I have a job offer lasting for 5 years and the company asks me to have a proof of right to a permanent residence in UK ( certificate of occupancy). What I have to do, because I knew I do not need that, being actually employed to another company from 15 months.I also have a NINO.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

As a Hungarian Passport Holder, you are free to live and work in the UK, you do not require any permanent residence card or another residence card. All you need is a valid Hungarian passport.

I would suggest that you refer your UK employer to page 48 of this document:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/304793/full-guide-illegal-working.pdf

Hope this helps