75100385

Had wrong worktop installed by retailer who gave full refund.

Had wrong worktop installed by retailer who gave full refund. Accepted the worktop they fitted. Retailer sent staff to carryout addition repairs on tilling. This resulted in worktop being damaged with scratches and a gouge. The retailer sent supplier to carryout repair. This was unacceptable. Do we have to accepted another attempted repair, or can we ask for a new worktop.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : I am sorry it is sad news. You have a limited time in which to reject goods IE have a replacement.
Alex Watts : If you opt for a repair then you can not later claim a replacement.
Alex Watts : Therefore as you accepted an initial repair you can now only accept a further repair.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

The retailer arranged the repair to be carried out

Alex Watts : Yes and I assume you accepted the intiial repair, ie to have it done?
Customer:

we actually rejected the repair and asked for a replacement worktop., but the retailer declined.

Customer:

the retailer wants to do a second repair

Alex Watts : But you allowed the first repair to be done?
Customer:

that is correct

Alex Watts : Then sadly you can't demand a replacement, you are only entitled to further repairs.
Alex Watts : I am sorry but I have to be truthful, even if it is not what you want to hear
Alex Watts : If you had not allowed a first repair then you could have rejected in total
Customer:

Thank you very much for your advice. I take it I will have to pay for another worktop

Alex Watts : I am sorry.
Customer:

\that's alright

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer:

At the present time no thank you.

Alex Watts : Can I help you with anything else today?
Customer:

No thank you

Alex Watts : Ok. If I could ask you to rate my service before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
Alex Watts : If you do need more help please click reply.
Alex Watts : Enjoy the rest of your day and good luck with this.