75100385

I Have a Bathroom installation dispute with & Q and they

Customer Question

I Have a Bathroom installation dispute with B & Q and they have made an offer of Compensation I am unhappy with, if I don't accept it today they will withdraw the offer
and say they will abide by a TFL ?? offer which is much lower
What can I do?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Can you tell me a bit more about the dispute? Have the installed the bathroom negligently?

JACUSTOMER-htd25erz- :

Alex J. :

JACUSTOMER-htd25erz- :

Hi Its quite a long story but it started with 2 fitters for supposedly 2 weeks on the 22nd Sept I have quite a list of failures in workmanship goods supplied an its still going on, we have photos the Store manager himself visited and his words were if it was mine I would ask them to rip it out and start again but he's not in charge of this section so we've had to put up with firstly fitting manager then area manage and now someone at head office who has given me an offer of £2k but informs me unless I accept this by 1300 today he will revert to this supposed independent company called TFL of £750.

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you. How much do you estimate your loss to be? What is the value of the bathroom?

JACUSTOMER-htd25erz- :

Its not just the financial loss its the Stress myself and my wife's been through, its the length of time its taking,now into our 9th week the cost of the total fit is £10500 ish I have offered to pay for all materials totalling £3700 on top of the deposit paid which was partially refunded as could they could not supply the tiles we initially picked. My wife was off work convalescing after a Major op and she ended up being there Van driver and go for, when wrong equipment like radiator valves were supplied, if having to pay this kind of monies we have now lost the WAW factor and our regretting the whole event.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you know the cost of putting it right or has that been done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its been done to their standard and I think they just want out which I do

I will list a few of the faults outstanding, Soft close unit only one drawer works correctly and to put right the 2 x 600mm side units would have to be removed which I think they don't want to do, Mosaic tiles fitted out of Pattern which if we come to an arrangement I will accept, Free standing Bath feet not fitting close to Bath therefore a water trap, Tile edging protruding therefore a water trap which will need constant maintenance

there are more.

Ok, so is there a cost to put right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By the time I got any response the deadlin had expired not impressed

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No to late £38 wasted

Ok, please do not reply. You can contact customer services for a refund.