75100385

Hi, I bought a brand new Ford motor vehicle in April this year

Hi, I bought a brand new Ford motor vehicle in April this year and 2 months later i noticed a defect to the paintwork. I phoned the dealer but was passed on to 3 other garages before it was suggested i return to the original dealer. I visited in person and although they surmised it was a factory fault they said they did not have an approved paintshop and i would have to take under warranty to a garage 15 miles away. I contacted Ford customer care and they arranged for photos to be taken at the selling dealership so they could then be forwarded to the warranty dept. The photos were taken on a mobile phone and were not good enough for a decision to be made. I had to make the 30 mile round trip which took 3 hours in total for the vehicle to be assessed. The warranty dept agreed it was a factory fault and authorised the repairs. I was then told i would have to transport the vehicle again for the remedial work. I then raised the issue of satisfactory quality under the sale of goods act and that i should not be incurring costs. The selling dealership agreed to transport the vehicle and promised to pay for the fuel. In total i have made 4 visits to the dealership,1 round trip to the second garage,paid for fuel as above,made in excess of 15 phone calls and written countless emails. It has taken 4 months to resolve and has caused me considerable inconvenience and frustration. To add insult to injury they did not put any fuel in my vehicle. I am a full time carer for a terminally ill relative and of course have had to arrange cover with when dealing with this dispute. Ford, independent of the dealer have offered 2 free services which i feel is inadequate. A service for my vehicle is approx £140. Do you think the offer made is adequate.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know how much you want to claim?
Customer:

This is the difficulty i am facing because it is hard to qualify. Apart from the fuel costs it is mainly the time and inconvenience it has caused me so i am unsure how to calculate a figure.

Alex Watts : Sadly yes I think £280 is about right.
Alex Watts : if this was a personal Injury claim and you had an actual injury if it was resolved within 3 months you would only get £500
Alex Watts : if you add 45p a mile for transport etc and £1 per phone call and a nominimal sum of £100 for inconvenience it would be less than the sum you are offered.
Alex Watts : I would push for more as they can only say no, but the sum is not in itself unreasonable.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and not necessarily the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

No thanks but i appreciate the honesty.