LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

A company (Swansea Lift Repair and Service Ltd) carried out

Customer Question

A company (Swansea Lift Repair and Service Ltd) carried out some work for me and as a result damaged the lift while doing the repair i refused to pay the outstanding balance until they sorted out the damage to the lift. So they took me to court and got an order for me to pay. I went to court and put a defence forward it was passed but has now been struck out because i did not file a directions questionnaire in accordance with the order dated 17th October. can i do anything about this
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Cab you tell me what the terms of the order were that led to you defence being struck out. Did you apply to set aside default judgement and were then given directions to comply with. How much money is the claim for?

Customer:

I will be on and off this site in an unpredictable way today but I will answer you as soon as I am able to.

JACUSTOMER-bchcgeuy- :

Yes i did apply to set the order aside I did all this on my own but i did not realise that i had to fill a form out and send it back to the court the claim for the work is about 900 and they put more fees on so its about £1500 at the time of the last hearing.

Customer:

What were the terms of the order you breached?