12826847

Civil Lawsuit

Customer Question

Hi, I'm in the middle of filing forms for a civil lawsuit in America. The lawyer has filled out the forms and spelt my name incorrectly and I need to change it and sign and date the forms. They are in a pdf format. How do I do this?

The lawyer has sent me the filled in forms 1) The Complaint, 2) The General Negligence Cause of Action, 3) The Intentional Tort Cause of Action and 4) The Attachment detailing the incident.

But another lawyer has told me that I need to fill out 1) The Complaint (which I have see above), 2) a Summons, 3) a Civil Case Cover Sheet and 4) a Civil Case Cover Sheet Addendum.

The website and court I need to file them is www.lacourt.org.

I don't know how to make the changes and fill the extra forms out that the first lawyer has omitted. They need to be filed by Tuesday next week and everyone is on Thanksgiving holiday now so I can't ask anyone.