Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

an aunt died intestate,i was contacted by syneca genealogists,i

an aunt died intestate,i was contacted by syneca genealogists,i signed all documents the claim was successful the cheque was paid into their account on the 8th sept 2014,they are delaying payment to four heirs, saying they are busy is this legal.thank you.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you saying you paid them money?

Customer:

no money was payed they take 30% from the cheque and send the remainder to the heirs

taratill :

Do you have any written terms and conditions with them?

Customer:

yes i have a contract which i had to sign

taratill :

does the contract give a timeframe within which you should be paid after the money hits their account?

Customer:

i have a written contract which i have signed for

taratill :

Hi yes I know that does it say anything about when money will be paid to you once received by them?

Customer:

i have a written contract for which i signed

taratill :

Ok we are going round in circles. if you have a contract with them that says they will pay you the balance then you can sue them for breach of contract. I asked whether there was a timeframe in the contract as this may be relevant to when you may be able to bring a claim. You should check the contract forthis.

taratill :

If there is no time frame you should send a 'letter before action' giving them 7 days to pay you, the letter should state that if they do not pay you in 7 days you will take them to court.

taratill :

You can then raise a claim in the court at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask.
If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer:

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi can you see my answer above as I think there may have been a technical hitch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you i failed to get all of your questions that answers my question