31090051

Hello, iwould like some information regarding my next door

Hello, iwould like some information regarding my next door neibougher she is almost eighty years old she is a spinster no children and no living relations she is in fact all alone.We have been very good friends i done lots of jobs for her over the years . about a year and a half ago she began getting lunch deliverd five days aweek the dinner lady has built up a big so called friendship the lady has wormed her way into her confidence of my neibougher , she came into our house and told us she had made the dinner lady her executor of her will what a shock in recent times Kathy has become very timid and unable to make choises and i have done some some banking work for her any problems she had she would ask us we feel she has been vulnerable and sh has been coerced cajoled what can i do to resolve the situation
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
This is indeed a worrying situation. It is quite common for the contracts of employment of people who work with the elderly to provide a prohibition on them acting as executor or attorney or from roving a legacy over a particular amount. You may want to get in touch with this person's employer.
You may also want to consider becoming your friend's attorney which would give you powers to request the will from whoever is holding it.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In fact if you have concerns the appropriate way forward is to report your concerns to the Adult section of the Social Services.
This is a more appropriate way of dealing with the matter than approaching her employers which could be viewed as harassment