UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I entered a show in the UK with a rule stating I could not

I entered a show in the UK with a rule stating I could not attend another show within 13 days of this show. I did enter a show run by a different club, in Europe because I presumed the rules would only apply to that particular club and only to the UK. Would club rules cross country borders. The club running the show in the UK, only operates in the UK and not in mainland Europe at all.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid the rule is quite wide as it says you could not enter any show within 13 days of this show. Ordinarily this would mean you could not enter into any other show with the original club or another club, whether in the UK or anywhere else in the world. Period. If the rule was limited to the UK, it should have said so.
I am sorry but I cannot take your side on this and I have a duty to advise you truthfully in accordance with legal interpretation rules.
Hope this helps