Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My neighbour wants me to transfer part of my land to him. Which

My neighbour wants me to transfer part of my land to him. Which falls within a Freehold title that is owned by both of us. The area of land is also subject to my leasehold title which is owned just by me. I understand that the Freehold title can be transferred over quite easily by a TP1 but how can I 'chop off' a bit of my Leasehold title?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.
Thanks for getting back in touch.
As your "former leasehold interest" will also have a Title number, so the Solicitor would prepare a TP1 for this interest, in a similar fashion to the TP1 for the Freehold, but the Transferor will be you alone.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So it is possible to transfer part of a Leasehold title?

As you also own the freehold, your neighbour's Solicitor will probably merge his client's leasehold interest into the freehold, so yes, it certainly can be done.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK noted although the leasehold interest that covers part of that land is actually under my leasehold title.

Hi again,
If you do want to make it simpler and tidier, you can always apply to the Land Registry yourself to merge the Leasehold into the Freehold. You would need to send the Land Registry CN1 Form and this can be done, even though the Leasehold is in your sole name.
Kind Regards
AL