LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Corporate fraud charge for VAT I have been arrested for a

Customer Question

Corporate fraud charge for VAT
I have been arrested for a fraud (which I did not commit). But was committed by 3 other gang members - which are on the run (2 in America) My solicitor as stated that unless they arrest the others they can not charge me - is that correct?
Also HMRC have emails suggesting I was suspicious about the fraud. What is the worst case charge for this
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer :

Customer:

No that is not correct. It is better for the prosecutors to have all of you in court but they could chose to proceed just against you if you are the one they have within reach. That is statement of general principle it maybe that in this particular case there would not be sufficient prospect of a successful prosecution against you on your own. This may be why your solicitor has said that.