12826847

I took out vehicle insurance with an online company quotemehappy.com

I took out vehicle insurance with an online company quotemehappy.com on 6th November 2014, at the completion of the transaction I was instructed to upload a copy to them of My proof of no claims discount entitlement which was 9years+ accrued from my previous Car Insurance Policies. I have uploaded the No Claims Discount Document on 3 occasions over a period of 2weeks but have not had any indication that they have accepted the document or even received it. They sent 2emails advising that if I did not upload the document they would cancel my insurance and charge me £54 administration +insurance tax+ a charge for the period of car insurance which has been effective from the original start date 6/11/14
I checked their website to try and make contact and sort out this mess that I have got into, and found an address which stated I could send via Registered Mail The Proof of No Claims Document and then it would be checked and then they would send an email to advise if the document was as required. This I did on the 19 November 2014 and I also sent email to confirm that I had sent the document to the Address which was listed on their website as Quotemehappy.com Union House 182-194 Union St. London SE1OLH
I have since obtained a copy of the signed PROOF OF DELIVERY from the Royal Mail tracking service website which states delivery date as 20 November 2014
On the 23 November 2014 I sent an email to ask if my Proof of no claims document had been checked, the answer came back that it had not and they said that I should hear within the next few days, and 5days on still no indication of what is happening.
I need a response from this company because my vehicle taxation needs to be renewed on 1st December and because they are an online business I am not able to talk with anyone at this company by telephone. The only email address I have had that responds with any answer is *****@******.*** with a name of Evan at the bottom. My fear is that this will end with a fine by the DVLA for not having vehicle valid insurance on my vehicle and I will not be aware of this situation because I will be out of the country visiting my family over the holiday period from December 2nd until January 8th.
Can you please with some advice
John Drew
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to know how I can get a positive response from this online company who appear not to be concerned about any responsibility about the time they are taking to deal with my situation. Their website states that they don't use a call centre for the benefit of keeping premiums low for customers, but no one is able to be contacted only on email and you cannot reply to any email sent to you

Well, there are no magic wands. Ultimately it depends on their response and nobody can force them to become more efficient and customer facing overnight.
All you can do is what is humanly possible.
In truth, if the DVLA did act against you and you have all of the information to which you refer above it is quite unlikely that they would pursue a prosecution on public interest grounds. Not having insurance is an offence of strict liability but they do not prosecute where there is no public interest generally.
Even if they did you would have a special reasons argument to ask for no penalty from the court as you cannot do more than you have done and you are in a position to prove what you have done which is what takes most people to the floor.
Sorry if that is bad news but I have to give you truthful information.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice