75100385

Talking about the same thing debt so does that actually mean

Customer Question

Talking about the same thing debt so does that actually mean that if you have a debt with a bank i.e. loan after six years it's state barred and they can't make you pay it back as I have a friend that is in that Situation she stop paying 6 yrs ago as she could not afford it After her boyfriend left her and the lone was in her name
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Yes if you have a loan with a bank and it has not been paid for the last 6 years then yes it is statue barred.

Alex Watts :

But as soon as you make a payment or acknowledge the debt then the 6 year clock starts ticking again

Alex Watts :

So it needs to be 6 years from date of last payment or acknowledgement of debt

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-48sbkj1p- : Thank you so much you have bin very helpfull .
Alex Watts : Can I help with anything else?
JACUSTOMER-48sbkj1p- : No thank .
Alex Watts :

Great. Can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/