How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I am taking my 2 sons to Turkey for a 2 week break in December,

Customer Question

I am taking my 2 sons to Turkey for a 2 week break in December, Do i need to have written permission from their father who lives & works in Abu Dhabi, he is an expat.
Many thanks sarah
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the boys and do you have an Order stating that they live with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

the boys are 10 & nearly 7..... No i do not have an order stating that they live with me.


Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Technically yes you do need his permission and if he choses he can apply for an Order preventing the trip until you have given him full details and he has agreed (unless the court decides he is with holding his consent unreasonably)
However it is unlikely that you would be challenged on the holiday UNLESS your ex makes such an application.
Please ask if you need further details

Related Law Questions