Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Hello, I have a trouble with agency which didn't pay me 16

Hello, I have a trouble with agency which didn't pay me 16 hours of work after they finished working relation with me when I wanted to get more jobs after one bad cleaning experience, it is cleaning agency based in New Southgate and they said It's in their terms and conditions to not pay me a cent..
I spended over 20 pounds just to get for those horrible cleanings plus wasted time of getting to those places and above of all the way to get to the office took me each time two hours with no bus going there at least 4 times and they don't want to pay me?!
How could I get my deserved money from them, please help..
Pavla C.
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. They do not have the right to withhold wages from you so that you are not paid for work that you do. You should write to them to say that they are in breach of contract and the National Minimum Wage Act and that to not pay you amounts to an unlawful deduction from wages. You should state that if you are not paid within 7 days you will raise a claim.

taratill :

You will be able to commence the claim procedure using the ACAS early claim conciliation service. Details can be found at http://www.acas.org.uk/earlyconciliation

taratill :

Please do let me know if you have any further questions, If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.