75100385

My front door is in a mews which currently has no yellow lines

My front door is in a mews which currently has no yellow lines however, the Staff of the commercial office opposite my door park their cars across my door which has often left me unable to leave my property. The postmen and courier drivers have complained that they have to slither along with sir backs to the wall. In order to deliver to me. What does the law state. I started my official complaint to my local council in 2011. I should mention that I am 65 yrs. and have spoken to the offenders on many occasions.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a soliictor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I am afraid that there is not going to be a practical legal remedy for you here. If there are no parking restrictions on the mews this is is an example of selfsih bef=havoiur r

LondonlawyerJ :

Sorry sent before finished, In the absence of parking restrictions If they are not not blocking the highway then therei snothign you can do in law. Th ebest suggestion I can coem up wiht is 2 large and eheave plant pots outside your fornt door to make it impssoble ro them to park

Customer: The are in fact blocking the through road from one block to another.
Customer: I have replied that the cars are in fact blocking the '' .
Customer: I have replied that the cars are blocking the co called ' Highway ' .
Customer: I must also point out that I am not allowed to put even a small step, plant etc. as it would alter the highway according to the highways act of bla bla bla !
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What, if anything has the Council done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I logged a complaint with the council in 2011 and received no response until I approached a councillor direct who took up my case. However, it took several weeks for her colleagues to respond . ( internal politics conservative v labour) .
I have several photographs which highlight my situation. I met with Head of Council in mid 2013 , a total waste of time. I ended up having to threaten the coulcil with the Ombudsman at which point I was invited to a meeting.
I have no date and have heard nothing for the past 2 months.
***** *****g
Have you been to the Ombudsman Carol?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No ,the threat prompted the newly elected councillors to arrange a meeting with myself armed with my photos and previous correspondence. It was agreed that DYL will go ahead but it is almost December and I have a major orthopaedic op. coming up and I have to be able to access my property . My door open directly on to the mews which in itself ,according to my logic brings Health & Safety into the equation.
Ok. What is it you want to ask me about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I prompt the Council to move things along?
Ok. Well you can speak with your local councillor and then raise a formal complaint. If that does not get you anywhere then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investgate your complaint. They located at www.lgo.org.uk
If that does not resolve it you can consider a judicial review. This is where a high court judge looks at the decision and sees whether their actions are reasonable and legal. A court can agree with the decision or remit it back for further consideration.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience