75100385

Hello. See below for an email request to a company that incorrectly

Hello. See below for an email request to a company that incorrectly fitted a gas fire. They have not responded so i would now like an opinion on what my next steps are.
KR
Nick
I came into your showroom on Saturday to complain about a potentially unsafe installation of a gas fire at 46 Gunters Lane. in November 2013. I do sincerely ***** ***** any distress caused to Sheila Burrough - that was not my intention. My intention was to allow you to give your side of the story and suggest some way that this could be resolved to both parties satisfaction. This clearly didn\'t happen and, as you know, the police were called at the point Mrs Burrough tore the invoice up. The fault, a hand-tightened nut, was identified and rectified by Mr Tiberiu Horvat (Reg Number 516754). In his opinion, due to the location of the loose nut, it was luck that a fire had not occurred with potentially devastating consequences. As you will also be aware I have made a complaint to the Gas Safe Register about this matter and have the full authority of Mrs White to act on her behalf. I would like to offer you the opportunity to respond to this matter and suggest a solution. Obviously as the fault has been corrected you will need to look at other options. I suggest a refund of some of the monies paid. I look forward to hearing from you.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know the cost of repair to make good the work?

Customer:

The repair was carried out as part of an installation of a new gas hob - the fault was discovered as the engineer did a system pressure test. The hob installation was approx £180.

Alex Watts :

So there was no additional cost to you?

Customer:

No

Customer:

Sorry - hit enter rather than return. There was no direct additional cost however it seems wrong to pay for installation when it has been done incorrectly and dangerously. I also want to make it clear to them that their complete lack of accepting any liability for a dangerous installation is unacceptable. Thanks, Nick

Alex Watts : Ok, so you want it done for free?
Customer:

I would like them to repay the installation cost

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/