13262538

My husband of 41years left me on 6th July 2013 to live with

My husband of 41years left me on 6th July 2013 to live with another woman who he had been seeing over the previous six months. At a rare meeting up he mentioned the marital home and divorce.
1. He would not 'push me out of the marital home' as long as I could afford to run it - it is in joint names without mortgage.
2. He will not admit to adultery as 'he doesn't want to go down that road'. He is saying he will divorce me after two years separation (6th July 2015) if I do not contest it. If I let this happen - what would be the possible implications for myself? Also would his association with this other woman followed by living with her up to present time constitute unreasonable behaviour on which I could divorce him.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes you do indeed have grounds to divorce him on the basis of Unreasonable behaviour and he would struggle to defend it in the circumstances
However you do need to be careful NOT to make adultery the Behaviour - instead refer to him leaving the property and refusing to return and spending time with other people instead
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your reply. My main concern though is the point that if I were to let HIM divorce ME on grounds of two years separation and do not contest it what, if any, would be the implications to me.

i.e. Would the Court for instance take those divorce grounds into account regarding any settlement or would the fact that he left the marital home to live with someone else also be taken into account.

The grounds for a divorce makes no difference to the financial settlement I am afraid
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt replies to my questions - the confirmation of my own thoughts is valued. I have rated your information as 'excellent'. Regards.

Many thanks - I hope all goes well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. Dee