UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Im having trouble with a trademan finishing off a job, he has

Customer Question

Im having trouble with a trademan finishing off a job, he has carried out work on my property and done a good job,I made the mistake of trusting him and he did come back to finish some of the skirting so the flooring could be layed, he still has 1 room to put skirting and laying the floor in the hall. I paid him because he said he would come back and now Im having to keep texting him because he wont answer my calls.please help.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know where I stand and what action I can take.

You are entitled to get your money back at the very least as you paid upfront for services which have not been rendered.
If you have his address,, I suggest you send him a letter asking for your money back and pointing out that he has failed to keep his part of the bargain and that you may take legal action if he fails to pay up within 7 days.
If he still fails to pay up, you may file a court claim for the money, you may do so online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk for amounts up to £100K.
May I help further?