Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

Essentially the Department of Work and Pensions made a mistake

Customer Question

Essentially the Department of Work and Pensions made a mistake in calculating pension.
In the end they admitted a mistake had been made and rectified situation.
But x 8 years of backpay for shortfall are owing and they are refusing to pay. They have paid one year's back pay - but no more.
A tome of letters have gone back and forth with increased bureaucracy from them re Tribunals etc We are going around in circles - do you feel this is worth pursuing?
Grateful thanks
Fran Cavell.
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

I am sorry to find you dealing with this situation. Having said this,you might be aware that the appeal and dispute process have been amended since 2013 and have been to some extent simplified.

The following are for your general reference.

http://refuted.org.uk/2013/10/27/appeals/

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/appeals-process-changes-for-dwp-benefits-and-child-maintenance

In my opinion, you can consult a better attorney, if you are not doing it yourself and the one who is more conversant with the processes.

In any case, with more than 5-year of back pay expected, it would be certainly worth going after it.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards