LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I'm applying for my daughter's first British passport from

Customer Question

I'm applying for my daughter's first British passport from the uk. She us in the Philippines with her mum who is filipino. It has been since may since I made the application and we still haven't got any news let alone the passport or documents. I'm desperate as it's seriously putting strain on our marriage. Can I get help?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

What have you done to chase up the application?

JACUSTOMER-d0ngua5l- :

Hi. Thank you for the response. I've been calling the advice line but they keep saying all they can do is send an information request to the Liverpool passport office and I should expect a call back but, I don't receive the call. I've called back numerous times now. When ever they request more evidence via email I sent it.

Customer:

Is that more evidence about the application itself that has been requested? If so what was requested and why?

JACUSTOMER-d0ngua5l- :

Yes about the application and my address since its not where my daughter lives

JACUSTOMER-d0ngua5l- :

It's been about a month since I updated my address evidence

Customer:

Sometime the most effective way to speed things up is to make a complaint. Try this link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/about/complaints-procedure It may be that starting a complaint will provide the necessary incentive to speed up. Why is this application so urgent that it is causing strain between you and your wife?

JACUSTOMER-d0ngua5l- :

Ok I will try that thank you. It's the strain but the strain due to the money and time spent toward getting my family here in the UK. We have send my wife for IELTS exam toward here visa checklist and they have our documents at the passport office

JACUSTOMER-d0ngua5l- :

And if we don't get this British passport I will have to get a visa for my daughter too so that even more hassle, time and money

JACUSTOMER-d0ngua5l- :

The IELTS will expire

Customer:

I see, well you should threaten a complaint and make one if necessary. I take it you are in the UK.

Customer:

This does seem a very long delay. YOU might consider instructing a solicitor to take over the applciation and to put pressure on the Passport Office.

JACUSTOMER-d0ngua5l- :

Ok. I will threaten or ever make the complaint first. The solicitor option is closely?

Customer:

costly yes, probably several hundred pounds