Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

on my motorbike driving towards Ringwood along A31 dual carriage

Customer Question

on my motorbike driving towards Ringwood along A31 dual carriage way(70mph) I noticed a
cop with tripod at top of hill & checked speed accordly, has I drove up I noticed him swing
round with camera to catch my plate. On receiving NIP for 93mph I contacted police for evidence & received 3 pictures of me over taking a car up hill (he slowed to 60 ish),pic 1,
no speed no distance,pic 2, 93mph 127.6m, pic 3, 93mph 127.6m distance again ?. My first
fear was pc got me a long way off ;but up hill I know for a fact I was doing under 70 has I'd
seen pc while at the bottom, will there evidence hold up in court(distance repeated 127.6m)
has I feel compelled to fight has I'm not guilty
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I m a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

If you are sure you were not speeding you should plead not guilty. What document have you received about this?

LondonlawyerJ :

As to whether thier evience will stand up in court you will need to find out through the court disclosure process what equipment was being used, whether it was being deployed in accordance with the operation manual, whether it had been properly mainatined etc.

LondonlawyerJ :

This is hard to do as an individual and your best bet is to instruct a solicitor who specialises in road traffic law and who will be familiar with this way of defending cases.

JACUSTOMER-594bcrbp- :

distance 127.6m twice at speed cannot be right

LondonlawyerJ :

Do you know what equipment they were using? Do you know how it works? Do you know if it was operated correctly? No yo don't simply turning up at court and saying "cannot be right" will not be enough and will probably lead to you being disqualified. You need a lawyer to look into it and either tie the CPS up in disclosure requests the CPS fail to respond to (which may help you win without a trial) or will reveal any flaws in the police conduct.

LondonlawyerJ :

I would be grateful if you would amend your rating. My answer is correct.

JACUSTOMER-594bcrbp- :

your answer doesn't tell me anything I couldn't hear down the pub.

JACUSTOMER-594bcrbp- :

my specific querie is 127.6m on 2 pics showing 93mph

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.