75100385

I have a portfolio of wine with what I believe to be a legitimate

I have a portfolio of wine with what I believe to be a legitimate company. Their agent recently called me and suggested that I purchase a case of wine for £6000. I told him that I could not afford it but he persisted for a very long time assuring me that this would benefit my portfolio. and make it easier to sell for a very healthy profit. He gave me 24 hours to think about it and then rang me again and recommenced the bombardement. In the end I agreed but then I wrote to withdraw from the sale as I am not able to raise the money.
He is now ringing me continually insisting that I find the money and pay for this wine. do I have a right of cancellation?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

To confirm you ordered over the phone - did they ever provide you with a cooling off period or cancellation notice?

JACUSTOMER-avajdu3z- :

no. He gave me 24 hours to "work out how I could arrange my finances" when he rang back I still said no but then against my better judgement I said I would.

JACUSTOMER-avajdu3z- :

I then received an invoice. today he has spent over an hour telling me that I am "locked in"

Alex Watts :

Ok - this is not right. You are entitled to 14 days cooling off period if you have ordered online or via phone.

Alex Watts :

This is what used to be called distance selling regulations.

Alex Watts :

If you have not been given 14 days cooling off then the clock has not started

Alex Watts :

You cant be bullied into this - you have 14 days to change your mind

Alex Watts :