75100385

British Gas have been servicing our warm air heating appliance

British Gas have been servicing our warm air heating appliance for over 25 years.
Yesterday they came and dismantled our appliance and said that it had two white asbestos panels in it which potentially could be blowing asbestos fibres around the system.
They turned off the appliance and left us with two small electric heaters to use whilst we arranged to replace the appliance.
Surely British Gas should have dealt with this problem years ago and are we entitled to compensation for their failure to do so
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know how much you are seeking to recover?

Customer:

About £5000 but could be a larger number

Customer:

I have not had an answer yet

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.