13262538

Will my son have

Customer Question

Will my son have to provide a home for his 2 boys age 3 and 8. He has split up with his wife of 10 years . No one else involved .Hhe works full time and she works 24 hours per week. They have a 25 year mortgage of £8oo per month?
My name is ***** *****
Who owns the property and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

joint owned ,mortgage approx. £170000. no assets .bring home £approx. 2000 and £1200 per month. £20000 of debt?. I need to know if by law I have to provide a home for my boys? that's it really. not that im not going to leave them homeless. many thanks.

In the Family Court the priority is the safe and secure housing of the children until they are 18.
Accordingly I am afraid that your son will not be able to force the sale of the Matrimonial home until his youngest child is 18 or his ex co-habits
However his wife will have to be able to pay the bills from her income from all sources plus any child and/or spouse maintenance she receives.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just want to check that I only have paid once as I sent to 2 email address as the first one didn't seem to work. thank you very much

I will ask customer services to assist you