75100385

How much would a typical law firm charge to draw up a voluntary

How much would a typical law firm charge to draw up a voluntary charge on a residential property to secure a £2000 debt to a creditor, there would have to be a clause inserted allowing only the debtor and not the creditor to sell the property
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : The hourly rate would probably be around £150 and it would need an intiial consultation, client care letter etc.
Alex Watts : So I would think around 2-3 hours work.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Hi Alex the law firm that is wanting the £2000 for the debenture seat that you answered in a previous question is threatening to serve me with a statutory demand. I am not in a position to pay however I have equity in my property and am concerned that I I do not offer the charge they will serve the demand and then I would need to apply to a court to have it set aside otherwise they can then apply for a petition to make me bankrupt. Is there any other options open to me as I think that they would only offer me the option to pay it off within 3 months which is too short a timescale

Alex Watts : You need to check the detailed printout for work done.
Alex Watts : Then you can get these costs assessed.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Hi Alex what do you mean by the detailed printout for work done

Alex Watts : Whenever work is done they have to log it. So you can ask for a detailed work printout. This is what the court would assess on.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Ok alex