UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

am on two yrs spouse visa 14th may 2013 and expires 14th

Customer Question

am on two yrs spouse visa 14th may 2013 and expires 14th August 2015. what next should I apply for? . I first apply for spouse in May 2013 but refused later granted 14th May 2013.(2yrs visa). I learnt that in November 2012 there were changes to spouse visas to five years. where do I stand?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

You need to apply for an extension of your current spouse visa using form FLR(M):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/370360/FLR_M__11-14.pdf

After 5 you have spent 5 years in the UK on the spouse visa, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain using form SET(M).

The forms keep changing constantly and you should check that you have the correct latest version when you are about to apply for your extension.

May I help further?