Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Hi, my name is***** working as a cleaner in the building with grandfloor and 4 more fl

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** working as a cleaner in the building with grandfloor and 4 more floors. Lift in this building is closed only for cleaners (we are as a another company). There is very difficult to bring so many heavy things on the stairs. There is any low regulating that situation?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer :

1 year, but sometime before we could use the lift.

Customer :

mostly without the lift

Customer:

Why are they now not letting you use it?

Customer :

I working like that 3 times e week: Mon, Wed, Friday for 3 hours. Last when I back home I lay on my bed and couldn't get up, even move - I felt so strong pain in my back and one leg. That made me scare. I asked few times my manager for another hoover (is the heaviest thing), but I waiting for this more that 2 months.

Customer :

the explanation is: "if something happen with the lift, the person responsibility for this bulding need to call for fire help and it is expancive

Customer :

we comming to work, they leaving office and turning off the lift, taking the kay

Customer :

from lift and thats it

Customer :

if in the office they have big meeting there is a lot of plates and glasses to bring to the kichen for second flor, is very dangerous an heavy

Customer :

(from the grandfloor we have to take all glasses)

Customer :

we need carrying the backed wit water for flor and around 10 big bags with rubbish (full and heavy)

Customer:

are you in the south or north of Ireland?

Customer :

Dublin

Customer:

hI i am going to opt out as I am a specialist in UK law. Someone else will pick this up.

Customer: