UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello I made an application for my kids first passport and

I made an application for my kids first passport and Previously I had my name changed which I did not mentioned on my appalication, I have used the new name only for my Driving License and not for my Passport due to an emergency travel and during that period i have got a new job and setteled for the last four year.
Now they are asking me to send confirmation of all names that i have been known by.
Please advise.... Thanks
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

You should send them this information as they probably want to ensure that they are indeed dealing with the right person and not someone other than yourself.

It does not matter that you have not yet updated your new name on your passport yet, you may inform them that you will be doing so eventually when you are applying to renew your passport.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did renew my passport recently after the name changed !

dos it matter

They may question why you did not renew it in your new name but it should really not affect your kids passport application. Or you should now submit a new passport application for yourself with your new name.

All the best.