Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Dear Admin, I want to purchase a land in auction. Part of

Customer Question

Dear Admin,
I want to purchase a land in auction. Part of the land is leased to Eastern Electricity Board for 60 years starting from 1950. Lease is expired but they are continuing to use the land. If I win the auction, what kind of rights will I have? Am I obliged to extend the lease or can I ask them to vacate ?
The land is sold with planning permission for 2 2-Bed chalet bungalows. In the council website it reads as cancelled plans. In the auctioneers legal pack, they added a document saying that if S106 charges were paid, they will approve the planning permission. Is it safe to buy? what does cancelled plans means ?
I can forward you the legal pack provided by the auctioneer and I need your suggestion with the possible faults and charges.
Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
San
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if you are aware whether the present owner of the land (the landlord under the lease) has continued to accept rent from EEB following expiry of the lease please?

Joshua :

Regarding your post, I can give you some guidance on the issue you may need to consider and how to seek further information to properly assess those risks but I cannot formerly review the auction pack for you as this would constitute forming a formal solicitor - client relationship which is not possible via this service. If this is what you are seeking you will need to consider formally instructing a solicitor. Would you let me know how you would like to proceed?