UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hello,My mother-in-law had applied for a General Visitor

My mother-in-law had applied for a General Visitor visa application for 4 months that was refused on grounds of insufficient finances (I can send the letter if required). I think my mistake was that I had submitted both a) my payslips (I am employed fulltime at a reasonably good salary) and b) my bank statement which unfortunately shows less than required balances.

Would it suffice to reapply with just my payslips as financial proof instead of my bank statement?

Would the previous refusal have any influence on the new application?

And how much should I state on the application for the applicant under "How much money do you have for this trip"?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What kind of timeline are you expecting to find an expert? I can wait another day or so but not too much longer. So at the moment yes I would like to wait.

Btw, the site mentioned 6 experts online to answer when I submitted my question so maybe it wasn't entirely truthful?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
1. No I would recommend that you show 3 pieces of evidence, your bank statements, payslips and letter from employer confirming your salary. If the bank statement does not confirm the amount you get paid you would need to explain why this is the case.
2. No it should not, each case is determined on its own merits, but I would recommend that in the new application you state that you do not believe that the correct decision was made by the home office and that the only reason you reapplied was due to the time it would take to appeal the decision which could be between 6-8 months.
3. She should state the amount she is spending on the visit include the plane tickets . If you are paying for the visit you state £0 and then in the additional information box state that you will be paying for the visit and tickets and have x amount of pounds , which would be backed up by the amount you have in your bank statement.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Regarding 1, no its not that the bank statement does not confirm the amount I'm supposed to get paid, it does.
It's just that the balances at the end of each month are low (since I transfer money elsewhere) and doesn't meet their required amount when shown as financial proof. So in this case, would it suffice to show as proof, only my payslips and employment contract showing my salary?

Okay regarding 2 and 3.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
No, this would not be sufficient, the home office want to see bank statements and if you do transfer the money elsewhere then write a covering letter with the bank statements and highlight the amounts which get transferred, provided you explain it all to them then the home office should understand your position and take the letter into consideration.
It would be very difficult for the home office to grant the visa simply by you submitting payslips and an employment contract.
I hope this clarifies the matter.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.