Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

how can I release an undertaking on my new property not to

Customer Question

how can I release an undertaking on my new property not to sell lease or transfer without my local councils permission
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if this is a council house property purchased under the right to buy scheme or whether it is a private new build home please? If the latter, has it been bought under a shared ownership scheme or outright by you (possible mortgage excepted)?

Joshua :

Finally you refer to an undertaking to the council. Do you know if this undertaking was a condition laid down by planning permission or a covenant contained in your deeds? Did you solicitor advise you of the condition?

Joshua :

I look forward to hearing from you

JACUSTOMER-n9q54lrf- :

It is a detached annexe built in our back garden a single storey timber framed barn style house. The condition was under our planning permission. The property has not got a 106 attached to it. We own the building outright with our property and 8 acres with no mortgage. Thankyou Dawn.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.