13262538

question about legal aid entitlement The claimant claims

Customer Question

question about legal aid entitlement
The claimant claims to be a victim of domestic violence in order to qualify for legal aid to help with family matters.
During the year , a series of domestic violence allegations was made on behalf of my ex-wife which resulted into my arrest
The Crown Prosecution Service after taking into consideration the circumstances of the case decided that there was ‘insufficient evidence’ to proceed with the matter and the charges were finally dropped.
there was no criminal prosecution the claimant cannot base on the assumption that the domestic violence/ abuse happened.
Is the claimant is still entitled to continue with claiming legal aid?
Unfortunately once it has been granted then the fact that the Prosecution was abandoned is not sufficient to revoke the Certificate - so yes the claimant will continue to receive Legal Aid
Please ask if you need further details